Saturday, November 15, 2014

Doing the Bunny Hop to Fort Worth's Ozzie Rabbit Lodge with Elsie Hotpepper

Over 50 years ago President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Texas, in Dallas to be precise, at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, to be even more precise.

I was among the thousands who thronged to Dealey Plaza for the 40th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination. This was an event the likes of which I had never attended before.

All those years ago had you told me that in the 21st century I would be living within walking distance of the Gravesite of Lee Harvey Oswald my limited imagination would not have been able to conjure up a scenario where that could possibly happen.

And yet it did.

A few years ago, also near the location of Lee Harvey Oswald's grave in the Rose Hill Memorial Cemetery, in the Handley neighborhood of Fort Worth, a bar opened called The Ozzie Rabbit Lodge.

Ozzie Rabbit was Lee Harvey Oswald's nickname when he was in the Marines prior to defecting to the Soviet Union to find a wife, among other things.

Over the years I have blogged multiple times about The Ozzie Rabbit Lodge. Below is a list of those bloggings for your reading pleasure...

The Ozzie Rabbit Lodge

Saloon Hopping With Elsie Hotpepper To The Ozzie Rabbit Lodge With Her 12-Gauge Shotgun

Meth Whores Can Live In Peace At Fort Worth's Ozzie Rabbit Lodge

Looking At Ads While Drinking Heavily & Stripping

I think I will see if Elsie Hotpepper is available to do some saloon hopping tonight. It has been a while since we last visited The Ozzie Rabbit Lodge....

No comments: