Thursday, November 13, 2014

Oklahoma's Turner Falls Park in Winter

Turner Falls Park in Oklahoma is a popular year round destination.

Summer at Turner Falls Park one can find oneself a bit overheated hiking the trails, exploring the caves or climbing the stairs to the castle.

In winter it is not the norm to find oneself overheating whilst hiking the trails, exploring the caves or climbing the stairs to the castle.

In winter one might find Honey Creek in flood mode, such as I found it a few years back. That would be my steering wheel aimed at crossing Honey Creek which had flooded over the road.

As you can see below Honey Creek running more than its usual amount of water turns Turner Falls into a much more vigorous waterfall than the trickle seen when I made my first summer visit to Turner Falls Park.


You can go to the webpage I made after a summer visit to Turner Falls to see the falls in summer trickle mode, along with a lot of people, including myself, in the pool of water beneath the falls.


Above we are above Turner Falls, trying to be careful not to slip into a rapidly raging Honey Creek. This would appear to be a bit foolish to be at this location, but in the moment it did not look to be as dangerous as it looks in hindsight.

I do not know if Turner Falls Park goes into any sort of special Holiday mode, with special lighting or special events. I would suspect it does. But, even without special lighting or special  events, Turner Falls Park would be a good destination choice for a Holiday Season roadtrip.

For more pictures of Turner Falls Park in Winter go to my our Turner Falls Park in Winter webpage.

No comments: