Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Sam Houston Statue by Huntsville Texas

Years ago, driving south to Houston on Interstate 45, a few minutes after being surprised to drive through the town of Huntsville to see a giant Texas prison on both sides of the freeway, I was perplexed at seeing something looming, big, tall, and glowing white ahead.

Eventually, as I passed that which was big, tall and glowing white I could see it was a statue of a man.

I exited the first exit I came to and headed back north to check out the big, tall and glowing white statue.

It did not take long to learn this 67 foot tall statue is a memorial to one of the founding fathers of Texas, Sam Houston

The Sam Houston Statue stands in a well done park  with a visitor's center where you can learn all you need to know about the statue and about Sam Houston.

Go to the webpage I made about the Sam Houston Statue to find more information and photos of Sam.

No comments: